Sunday, May 1, 2011

I have a new camera!

Ok, so I finally bought a new camera to replace the one that broke down in Cuba last year. It's a Canon PowerShot SX 210 IS and after a day of toying with it it seems to be worth the money. I've never really gone through the trouble of finding out how to get good photos of miniatures before so now I'm reading tutorials in the net and talking to fellow wargamers on things like lighting, white balance, aperture factors, ISO values and so on. I've started out a bit clueless but I'm getting there. Here's a sample on what I've managed to snap so far:


The figures are based 6cm * 3cm  which is popular with Baccus miniatures. The blue highlight looks excessive but I think without it the figures look too dark when viewed from afar.

This one I was quite happy with:

Practice, practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment